Saturday, April 07, 2007

Passing, Time Passing

Ruth's cherished husband Mick passed away 24 hours ago.
My cherished father passed away 10 years ago today.

I will make my tribute to Mick in some way tomorrow in "The Flames of Eden".
Now I only want to write down this thought that I had quite some years ago. As it never had a title, I see at this instant that its title must be, in fact:


Time and a Word

Standing where we do
Each time
Like trees transcending through
All time
All masters, slaves and ghosts
Of time
A growing plea to make the most
Of time
And somewhere distant from the back
Of time
Weak voices gasp and crack
With time
To be not lost, yet heard
By time
Forgot the very essence of the word
And time
Stands not, nor waits for man
Or time
Each moment knows that it began
In time
Beginnings know that they will end
In time
A memory in pain depends
On time
To dissipate, from space an urging not to waste
Our time
The days will pass until the very end
Of time

********************************************************

12 comments:

Analía said...

Oh Stewart I loved each single word of your poem, so touching in many ways. Than you for sharing it with us...another gift from your heart.
xoxoxox
Ani

RUTH said...

Thinking of you my dear friend with love,respect and gentle tear.
Rxx

Mauigirl said...

What a wonderful, poignant poem, thanks for sharing it.

Nikon said...

Beautifully done, Stewart.

Carlos said...

Stewart,
I'm really sad for Mick. Didn't really know him but have read Ruth's comments both here and in Analia's lots of times.
May he rest in peace.

Audrey said...

Time and a word, beautiful, a journey in itself. In essence a beautiful tribute to Mick and an important message and reminder of love to us all..x Auds

Oliviah said...

I loved the poem...the title is perfect. I'm sorry for the losses...many hugs to you, sweet Stewart.

Cergie said...

C'est donc de là que vient le nom de ton blog... C'est surprenant comme les choses sont en place et qu'elles sont invisibles et un jour elles se révèlent aux yeux de tous...
En fait tu parles de temps et moi je parle d'éternité
L'éternité n'a ni fin ni commencement surtout...

Ni avant ni pendant ni après

C'est ça l'espoir ?
Pas de fin des temps ?

photowannabe said...

Very touching poem and my condolences to you and to Ruth.

tsduff said...

today is 3 years exactly (April 15, tax day) I lost my husband when he died unexpectedly from complications from his knee replacement surgery. Thank you Stewart for your moving poem. It is well received. hugs to you and to Ruth on this day of remembrance.

Analía said...

Where are you my friend? I miss you!!
xoxoxo
Ani

Mandi said...

That's a really beautiful poem. I love it. My deepest condolences to you and your friend Ruth. It's very hard but comforting to know that time is a healer.