Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Final Visit to Santa Clara

Late April, 2006. I arrive early for rendez-vous with Patti. Find myself in the middle of a Lisbon Fashion Week event.
(1)Here are our 2 friends from last week, this time the full pic revealed! A bunch of models hired to promote the sponsors' products. Had a nice cup of tea or two. No rental car for the weekend, though.
 

(2)I didn't quite see the connection between the flamenco lady dressed up for the sevillanas & the tea..
 

The catwalk was set up inside the covered section of the market, by inviatation only. As I've had enough of those in Paris, was I bovvered? But the hairdressing was done outside under the trees. It was getting dark, which was a bit too much for my camera, as I was trying to be discreet. I was fascinated by the hairdresser's hands - the longest fingers I've ever seen. Shame I couldn't manage it in focus.
 

This was the star moment. How often do I get to shoot a pro model? She happened to notice the camera & couldn't resist striking the pose instantly, just for me!
 
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

RUTH said...

Now I understand...and did these lovely ladies manage to sell you their wares???? The hairdresser really does have long fingers. Thanks for your support both personally and for the Clatteridge Campaign.
Much Love
Rxxxxx

Audrey said...

Lovely,the flamenco dancer and models smiles so cheering, and yes the hairdressers fingers are so long..lol....Again loving the colours in these pictures..

Analía said...

Hummm someone is having fun surrounded by models!!!LOL
Good pictures my friend, loved them all.
How have you been? missing me? hehehe. I'm writing you an email tomorrow. Right now I'm visiting a friend and using her PC, you know.
Well, lots of kisses and hugs for you.
Ani

AnaGF said...

Finally the "odalisca" makes some sense... Great pictures, I especially like the tea girl, although I prefer the Azores real tea to Lipton's powder bags. Unfortunately, they're not good at this kind of advertising...

Nikon said...

Great series - the colors are great.

Mauigirl said...

Great pictures as always. Love the model posing for you!

photowannabe said...

Looks like a fun job for the photographer. Cute model in the final shot. Great colors.

marjan hols reis photography said...

Wonderful colours in the pics lucky that she smiled just for you.
Well I am back from Holland it was a good time but I went over for my uncles funeral.

Mandi said...

Great photos. Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

A nice series of portraits!

Peaceful/Paisible said...

just wanted to tell you Ruth's husband passed away...I think she will need all our love...
See you my friend
Mousie

Icarus said...

How very strange, everybody.
I distinctly remember replying to every point raised two days ago.
So where is MY comment?
I must check my inbox to find it. Not happy, but in view of everything going on, I think you can excuse me and my pet blogger this time. Sincere sorries.

Cergie said...

Tu fais de très beaux portraits de personnages aussi Pas seulement d'oiseaux Et comme il doit être agréable de recevoir le sourire des yeux et des lèvres de ces jolies jeunes femmes au teint mat

Nathalie H.D. said...

Aha, these pics are wonderful!
Costumes, smiles, colours and such a great atmosphere!