Friday, April 20, 2007

Come on the FORÇA!!!

People, I have been ill. Really ill.
I haven't commented, I haven't posted, because I couldn't. To those friends who have sent me mails that went unanswered, forgive me. I wasn't able to.
This morning, I visited a couple of blogs before starting work. At Audrey's - the very wonderful, special Audrey - I found a post that picked me up, inspired me, repaired me. I am posting the same video and song, but instead of writing anymore, I ask you to PLEASE go to her blog and read her and our comments. You'll find it all explained there.
http://diamondsonthesoul.blog.com/2007/4/
There are so many people in real need of this força, in our different ways, for our own reasons. We cannot do it all alone. We can't all be strong & invulnerable. And would we want to be, all the time, in fact?

As it was the anthem of the Euro 2004 Football Championships hosted in Portugal, here are some pictures before the final between Portugal and Greece in July 2004. What a great day that was, even if Greece won. What an atmosphere! And this song everywhere for more than a month. It still makes everyone want to dance, picks us all up.
"Come on the força, come on the força, come on the força
Que ninguém pode parar!
Come on the força, come on the força, come on the força
Que ninguem pode matar!"
(Come on the força that noone can stop!
Come on the força that noone van kill!)

"Mais perto do ceu!"
(Closer to the sky!)

Team spirit, team work, Força to all my friends most in need!




7 comments:

Nikon said...

Great shots - I'm glad you're feeling better.

tsduff said...

I hope you are now well. Have missed your cheer.

Audrey said...

Great pictures Stewart, sunny and bright, makes it easy to imagine the atmosphere in Portugal at that time. Thank you for what you say in your post, Im just a small,small part of this team we call the humanity ...However in football speak I would most definitely have the two stunning gladiators on my side...definitely lol.

Forca Stewart you have been a wonderful friend to many down the years.

AnaGF said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and back! Força.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Hi Icarus, catching up with you through your comment at Cergie's;

Sorry you have been sick. Thanks for posting those wonderfully positive images, guaranteed to make anyone feel better.

Wishing you prompt recovery. Take care

Nathalie in Sydney

Carlos said...

Hi Stew, glad you're feeling better. I was getting worried with your silence. I was planning to call you but, you know, it’s not today, it’s not tomorrow and time goes by (like the song). It’s incredible how days pass so fast now. It’s a promise: next call is mine.

Oliviah said...

I'm so sorry you have been so ill and hope that you are feeling much better now. That pictures you posted and the video were so touching. How precious is your heart. xxoxx