Thursday, August 17, 2006

"I'm Going Back to the Stars"

When I cam home late last night and read everything all the people had written - comments, e-mails - I was so overwhelmed that I thought about it and decided to post a return, photos to illustrate words of Thoreau about the true harvest of life. I wrote strongly, again from the heart. Blogger can sometimes be mechant, mischievous. He ate it, swallowed it. So I tried again, shorter this time. He was still hungry. The miracle was that it didn't happen the night before.
Today, I have worked here for myself, gone to give my services, just returned tired and the inbox, like this morning, is almost silent. Only work-related, mails. I don't like it. Too much of a shock.
Feeling very disconnected, like I'm cast off in space like David Bowie's Major Tom. My computer screen had become my window on the world and now - Dark Side of the Moon, silence.
So I have decided to use my blog as a kind of diary, writing to and for nobody but me. But if anyone happens to see it, it's still public and Idon't mind.
So here's a picture of me leaving for the stars: "Ground Control to Nowhere Man!".
Hello! Is anybody out there?
Only 10 days until Mars arrives closer to Earth than for eons. Won't be so close again until 2270.
All those words, a human tsunami of positivity........
I miss my daily journey around this planet, seeing what you have done and said. I know I am not the only one facing adversity. I didn't say I was. In some strange way, it is good to know more about others, that they too have concealed pains and struggles with loved ones, off-screen. I don't mean that's good for. I mean that it came out of the cupboard into the open. Also, those who think that I have troubles are wrong. It isn'tme who is suffering. It is my response to the urgency and its depth that forced me to give up the routine, the pleasure, the reciprocity. However much I needed it, it was rapidly becoming too contradictory with what I was seeing and having to do. Maybe that is mad. Who knows?
And is there life on Mars? Take a look at the young men fighting on the dance-floor...................Carlos? Neo? Mlle P? Lorraine? Pequete? Ana? Manuel? Papalagui? Kala? Emmanuelle? Marjan? Mar? Nuno? Telma? Hello? Is anybody OUT THERE? Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Leonor said...

I´m here!

Icarus said...

HEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!
That has instantly made me feel better!
After writing a mail of photo advice to our "New Boy" on the Lisbon team, Carlos, then finding you here, I think I can now go to bed "early".
What a joy. It's so lonely out in space......
Kisses to you Leonor & bless you again!

P said...

:)
estamos cuidando el jardín

AnaGF said...

I'm here too! Haven't lost the habit of coming here daily...

marjan hols reis photography said...

you can not just go away in space!

Oleanderman said...

Hey NM, here every day checking up on you :)

Nuno said...

knock knock!

Icarus said...

And what a beautiful, poetic symetrical symbol that the stars I have gone back to are almost all in Portugal - the 2 exceptions are In England,where I originated, so to speak, and Mademoiselle P who is precisely on my Now + Here wavelength and I STILL don't know where she is in the Material World. Which is just fine, as I think we are perfectly balanced & matched!
You know,friends? I only found out how much I needed you when I realised how much I missed visiting you. That & the quiet mail-box. Yes, Marjan, it is sad, but 1000 times better than it is less than 10 minutes' walk from here. Today, I've become sure shecannot last one more week. We'll see........Kissinhos e hugginhos Malta!