Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lisbon's Firemen



These pics should have been part of my series last May & June "The Best Job in Lisbon?" (see archive from May 29th on).
Strong candidate in the spring & summer, the guy at the top, especially when my patience is running as thin as it is right now (60 minutes instead of 5, just to post this? They are having a laugh!). Just look at his "victims'" faces on the terrace at the 'Suiça' café, Rossio!
My pals below, from the Dafundo fire station, are seen here letting their hair down at their well-deserved beach party. They are mad, dedicated & brave and know how to enjoy themselves. A shame that my pics of them flying across the sea in their super-fast dinghy were not up to posting. They were both hilarious & terrifying at the same time.
But theirs is a job I wouldn't do if you threw gold & diamonds at me - which is what they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos as usual. How I agree with you about the bravery of firemen. I always think that they and ambulance crews deserve so much praise. They are always the first to deal with devastation when it happens; so many must owe their lives to them. Would love to see your "not good enough" photos. How about putting them on Picasa so I can have a sneaky look?
Rx

Anonymous said...

How come I can be Ruth on Analias blog but have to remain ANON on yours. Please BETA sort it out!!!
Ruth alias anon